Vallado Red

2.0PT192

New product

Aroma concentrated, with intense mature red fruit aromas, hints of violets and "esteva" (a local Portuguese resinous bush). Taste good structure with matured round tannins and a long persistent finish. Vinification, the grapes, from both the younger vineyards (Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Touriga Franca and Sousão - 80%) and older vineyards (over 70 years old - 20%), were fermented in 10 and 5 ton stainless steel tanks for a week.

7,50 € tax incl.

Data sheet

TypeRed Wine
CountryPortugal
RegionDouro
Grape Varieties25% Touriga Franca, 25% Touriga Nacional, 25% Tinta Roriz, 5% Sousã, 20% Vinhas Velhas
Capacity75cl
AVB13.5º

More info

Aroma concentrated, with intense mature red fruit aromas, hints of violets and "esteva" (a local Portuguese resinous bush). Taste good structure with matured round tannins and a long persistent finish. Vinification, the grapes, from both the younger vineyards (Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Touriga Franca and Sousão - 80%) and older vineyards (over 70 years old - 20%), were fermented in 10 and 5 ton stainless steel tanks for a week. All wines were fermented under controlled temperature varying between 25º and 27ºC. The finest of the press wine, from a traditional basket press, was also used for ageing for the final blend. Ageing 70% aged for 16 months in stainless steel tanks. The remaining 30% aged in 225 litres used French Oak barriques (3rd and 4th year) for 16 months until final blending.

30 other products in the same category: